First time posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrow

n00b
Jul 19, 2020
Hey everyone, I have an 86 Monte SS. I have owned since 01. Recently pulled it out of my barn after sitting 8 years. Took it to my shop a few months ago to start a big block build on it. Well this last Saturday our shop caught on fire. Through all the wreckage I was able to drive it out!

Attachments

• 20210222_113739.jpg
    20210222_113739.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 120
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Hey everyone, I have an 86 Monte SS. I have owned since 01. Recently pulled it out of my barn after sitting 8 years. Took it to my shop a few months ago to start a big block build on it. Well this last Saturday our shop caught on fire. Through all the wreckage I was able to drive it out!
Damn that sucks, how bad is the damage

Morrow

n00b
Jul 19, 2020
T tops are gone, lots of tar all over entire car. Interior is wet but not terrible, front clip is scorched. The engine bay was untouched

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hopefully insurance from the shop? Notice the question mark.

please post something nicer happening to you and your car

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
That sucks for sure. Hopefully you have insurance for the shop but most home owners policies do not cover auto parts or cars. i hate fires. I worked a bunch of them

Morrow

n00b
Jul 19, 2020
Thanks everyone. Once the stuff was moved away from the car, I hooked the battery up and it started right up. It felt good to drive it away from there.

Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Thanks everyone. Once the stuff was moved away from the car, I hooked the battery up and it started right up. It felt good to drive it away from there.
Glad to hear it still runs. I hope the body work is not too extensive, best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor