FITech Fuel Injection Hesitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Prix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
State College, PA
Working through an EZ EFI 400HP install ourselves now and glad to hear we're not the only ones struggling. Ran great for the first 2 days then went in the toilet with the same stalling, sluggishness, problems everyone else mentioned. Can't get the IAC to stay in the 3-10 range either. Set it which is damn near impossible then drive it and jumps back up to 45 at idle! I want to stick with it because it was so good in the beginning but that 625 Street Demon on the shelf is looking pretty good right now.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The tach wire is tied into both the EFI and the tach in the car. Both seem to function just fine.

I would run a separate feed to the EFI, you don't know how clean the signal is and that can cause the issues you are having. Are you using an ignition box?

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The hand held module displays the rpm so I would disconnect the dash tach and see if that cures the problem. The Fast EFI suggests running a box.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor