FiTech or???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
Thinking on converting to fuel injection, anybody have experiences with any brand of them? Looking for a self learning unit. Let me know pros and cons.

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Have the Holley Sniper EFI and love it. I always hated/ removed anything electronic, ran a HP 4150 carb for years. Once I got older and reinstalled my AC and also Just wanted something that’s starts right up whether it’s -5 out or 100. The sniper does that easily.

Sniper is really easy to install and tune via laptop. I recommend not getting the master kit with the inline fuel pump, instead get an in tank pump. The inline will be a little louder and won’t last as long.

also, if your plug wires are crap and have ratty wiring you’ll need to fix that, as some EFI is susceptible to inference.

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
FiTech came with a bang because of the price point. At the time Holley only had expensive TB setups. Since, Holley has become very competitive. The support for Holley is 10 times what the FiTech tech support is.

Are you wanting a throttle body (TB) setup or mutiport injection? Cruiser or racer?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
FiTech came with a bang because o the price point. At the time Holley only had expensive TB setups. Since, Holley has become very competitive. The support for Holley 10 times what the FiTech stuff.

Are you wanting a throttle body (TB) setup or mutiport injection? Cruiser or racer?
Throttle body injection, this car is just a play toy at this point, This is the kind of info I am looking for,

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I believe Turbo Zack is running one of the 4 barrel Sniper kits. I'm sure he can tell you the ups and downs of his.

They look to be about a $1000. Figure another $150-250 in fuel pump, filters and lines. As Mac mentioned an in tank pump is quieter than an external. I personally prefer externals so that I can hear it to soncfirm it's running. My exhaust is loud enough that pumpnoise isn't a concern once the motor is running ( hehe ).

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I have a Holley Super Sniper. It will do a lot more than I have it doing. I had a problem with it right off the bat, but Holley corrected it fast and free. Super easy to set up. When you add boost and veritable timing is where it gets a little tricky. I suggest you buy what ever brand you want through a known dealer not Summet or Jegs. That way if you have trouble you can talk to your rep. Holley dose have a forum and tech support for there products. For what you probably are going to do with it? A Holley Sniper would work well for you, and later you can buy a distributor that will let you have veritable timing if you want or you can run a HEI.

Reactions: 4 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Holley sniper is great. Only thing I am in process of doing is to change to a progressive secondary throttle so the hit will not be immediate out of the gate.

Reactions: 3 users

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
I have a Holley Super Sniper. It will do a lot more than I have it doing. I had a problem with it right off the bat, but Holley corrected it fast and free. Super easy to set up. When you add boost and veritable timing is where it gets a little tricky. I suggest you buy what ever brand you want through a known dealer not Summet or Jegs. That way if you have trouble you can talk to your rep. Holley dose have a forum and tech support for there products. For what you probably are going to do with it? A Holley Sniper would work well for you, and later you can buy a distributor that will let you have veritable timing if you want or you can run a HEI.
I try to buy from Competition Products in Oshkosh WI, they are only a little more then an hours drive for me and had great service from them. I do see Holley has a sale on the efi units.

Reactions: 1 user

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Holley sniper is great. Only thing I am in process of doing is to change to a progressive secondary throttle so the hit will not be immediate out of the gate.
Is that parts you buy or modify from a carb. The you tube videos i saw people were robbing parts off carburetors. And can you buy one already set up this way

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
You can buy the part. It is $13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor