Fitting Hooker Super Comp Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I bought the last ever set of Hooker Super Comps for a G-Body Olds PART# 3108HKR and got a hell of deal on them. I haven't tried installing them yet as I noticed when I mocked them up to my engine when it was on the stand that the flanges seem to be pointed outward at an angle... I was wondering if anyone who has installed these in the past has cut and rewelded the flanges? Or just had an exhaust shop custom make some header extensions that align to the exhaust? I have the G-force X-member and the Pypes Xpipe system on the car and I really think these should point straight back like the current system does, I'm not really sure why headers specific to the Gbody Olds have this odd angle at the collector flange.

I am planning on getting these ceramic coated at the local coaters and want to be able just bolt 'em on and go after they get coated; so I'm trying to plan out if I should modify them first.
3108hkr.jpg

(In the pic you can sort of make up how the flange is angled on the pass side header).

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
The early design headers were meant for a factory crossmember. All mine in the 90's had that. The passenger side angled to the factory crossmember hump and the driver side, well you were left to your own design to modify the crossmember and or pipe to make it fit.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor