fix a tilt steering column

O

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i took the ign switch out and the lock cylinder and it still won't turn, i guess i will have to dig in it a bit. it always was difficult to mess with i guess i will learn by looking at the videos. now, where did i put that little tool for the pivot pin? i had it a while ago damn it rough getting old.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
i took the ign switch out and the lock cylinder and it still won't turn, i guess i will have to dig in it a bit. it always was difficult to mess with i guess i will learn by looking at the videos. now, where did i put that little tool for the pivot pin? i had it a while ago damn it rough getting old.
I took the pin out of mine with a slide hammer with a bolt end.. couple of taps and it came out

O

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
got the cover off and found the problem. someone put thick axle grease in the mechanism. cleaned it out with brake cleaner got it to move back and forth and gave it a shot of heavy duty silicone spray, works smoothly now. just have to put everything back together now but it is getting dark maybe after Thanksgiving. gobble till you wobble. i will post after all is back together

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.