fix a tilt steering column

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
i took the ign switch out and the lock cylinder and it still won't turn, i guess i will have to dig in it a bit. it always was difficult to mess with i guess i will learn by looking at the videos. now, where did i put that little tool for the pivot pin? i had it a while ago damn it rough getting old.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
i took the ign switch out and the lock cylinder and it still won't turn, i guess i will have to dig in it a bit. it always was difficult to mess with i guess i will learn by looking at the videos. now, where did i put that little tool for the pivot pin? i had it a while ago damn it rough getting old.

I took the pin out of mine with a slide hammer with a bolt end.. couple of taps and it came out

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
got the cover off and found the problem. someone put thick axle grease in the mechanism. cleaned it out with brake cleaner got it to move back and forth and gave it a shot of heavy duty silicone spray, works smoothly now. just have to put everything back together now but it is getting dark maybe after Thanksgiving. gobble till you wobble. i will post after all is back together

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
well, i had to put things off for a while. i had a mild heart attack the day before thanksgiving. heart skipped a few beats had to take a helicopter ride spent two days in intensive care three days in a regular room by the time i got home it was snowing. damn, it is almost the end of January and the snow is now gone just rain and wind. time to take it easy til spring or payday.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
well, i had to put things off for a while. i had a mild heart attack the day before thanksgiving. heart skipped a few beats had to take a helicopter ride spent two days in intensive care three days in a regular room by the time i got home it was snowing. damn, it is almost the end of January and the snow is now gone just rain and wind. time to take it easy til spring or payday.

I'm glad you are still kicking so you can give us the news. The weather sucks but at least it gave you time to recuperate....how are you feeling?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
sit back and relax as much as you can and let mother nature take care of you and the weather.....

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor