Fix or buy new - Tail light extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
20200618_194402[1].jpg

So as I was looking around the body seeing and taking note of all that I need to do IE: Removing Dent, More Primer here and there etc, I saw this on the Tali Light Extension I think it's called. I know nothing of repairing this type of plastic, if it can repaired at all. If so drop me a comment on what to use. Or just suggest getting a replacement. Going to be Painting her up soonish, at right after I solve the Low Beam issue.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I've never tried to repair one...I'm sure it could be done. If you decide to replace it I've got a nice single RH one here..

20200618_212946.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
If you factor your time and the proper materials to fix it (I.e. don’t just mud it shut), you’re better off buying a new one. I don’t remember exactly what they’re made of , but I would guess a urethane bumper repair kit would do the trick.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Plenty of good used ones out there, not worth fixing at this point. Kevin (O, D. Showtime) will do you right.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's just not worth your time and material to repair it. As Superbon54 had stated, you'll spend more in material than what it would cost to replace it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor