Fixing up 1984 Monte Carlo SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
613349582.jpg

A look inside the rear axle I got this weekend.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This how you fix your cover http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TA_1807

And don't dink around with those antique wheel studs either. Put in some new ones. For that matter, I'd recommend a set of Moser axles with ARP studs and forget about it.

Nice score though, your pinion gears, side gears, and ring gear look very good.

Reactions: 1 users

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
This how you fix your cover http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TA_1807

And don't dink around with those antique wheel studs either. Put in some new ones. For that matter, I'd recommend a set of Moser axles with ARP studs and forget about it.

Nice score though, your pinion gears, side gears, and ring gear look very good.

That cover looks like it would do the trick.
Yep, one of those studs is broken already.
Thanks, I think it was worth the road trip lol.

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
That thing looks a lot better a few I've sold here in Michigan. It should clean up nice. Good score.

Thanks, It was kinda a fate thing. Been thinking about getting one. Then I was on my way up to Virginia and my friend that is working on the car said there is one in WV. So I just kept on driving lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor