Fleabay sucks even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I just got an email that Fleabay is discontinuing the measly 1% Fleabay Bucks that they have been offering on most purchases. Really? They are getting windfall business profits from the pandemic on-line shopping so I guess they feel no need to offer incentives to buy from them. The 6%, 8%, and 10% three-day incentives have been missing for almost a year now. All you may get occasionally is a puny 5% which doesn't even cover the sales tax. Don't even get me started on the insane fees they charge sellers. Which gets passed right on to the buyers. They even tax shipping. No one else does that. I no longer shop for everyday things since Wallmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and others are all offering better prices as well as free shipping on tons of things. And I get a 10% Veteran's discount from Lowes so they get my attention first anyway. I will be relegating Fleabay to hard-to-find and oddball things that I can't find anywhere else. Which is what they were usefull for in the first place. But I notice even Amazon is letting third-party sellers sell odd stuff that you used to see only on Fleabay. I just hope that once this virus mess is over and we can get back to swap meets and flea markets, Fleabay will wake up and realize they shot themselves in the foot. Again.

Reactions: 3 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Haven't been a fan of them for awhile, I only typically go there for things I can't find locally.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Fleabay used to make sense when people sold used stuff

But now it's just another e-marketplace like amazon.

They had a 5-15% off discount a few years back and I gamed the system where if I needed to order something on summit I would just go to summit fleabay store, add the stuff to my cart there and have fleabay take 5-15% off.

But then they dumped that.

I never ordered enough stuff through fleabay to use my ebay bucks.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Its been so long since I've bought anything on Ebay that I don't even remember my password to log on. It used to be a great place to hunt down used parts but now it's just page after page of junk like HID headlights and other useless nonsense.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Seen my notification this am, however I could get a $50 statement credit if I opened up an eBay Mastercard!??? LMAO!! GET real....It was one of the last good perks TO eBay, no reason to go there first to shop now...another result of CORPORATE GREED

• Agree

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Its been so long since I've bought anything on Ebay that I don't even remember my password to log on. It used to be a great place to hunt down used parts but now it's just page after page of junk like HID headlights and other useless nonsense.

Anymore the used items on Ebay often have higher prices than new items.

• Agree

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
What I especially like watching is a couple of idiots in a bidding war over something. They keep outbidding each other until the thing is more expensive than if they bought it new. Then add the shipping and taxes and WTF is wrong with you?!?

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I backed off of it since they are collecting taxes on every transaction.

I can't quite write it off as it's the only place I can find my RC car/truck parts. There isn't any other store or marketplace that even comes close. This week I was able to get a hard to find piston/sleeve for a nitro engine, shipping in from France.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor