floor jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
For the money they are definitely good enough for basic needs. I have had a couple. I usually have 3 functioning jacks at any one time. Two are a HD steel construction.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have 2 different HF low profile 3 ton steel jacks and they work great, for me I never saw the need to get an aluminum one since they just stay in my garage anyways.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I bought one for a junkyard jack & other reasons I need to haul a floor jack around. So far so good, picked up everything it was asked to.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have a small 1.5 ton HF aluminum jack that I carry along when I tow my boat. For that it is great. I would never use it on a real car. For that I will not use anything less than a 3 ton steel jack. Even 2 ton jacks are wobbly. My 3 ton is a Sears Craftsman and has held up well.

Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I have the plain Jane HF low profile 3 ton steelie. I like that it tucks under my rollaway toolbox.

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
harbor freight aluminum low profile2 ton floor jack are they any good
It’s a good product and works well. After having this aluminum jack I gave away my steel ones. They are just too heavy. The lightweight aluminum really is a plus and I really like the rapid pump feature. The 1.5 ton has a goofy roller in the front so I would definitely go for the 2 ton model shown below that has separate cast wheels on each side.

1617974666223.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYJIG9M/?tag=gbody-20

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hein-Werner FTW! You want a great garage jack, this brand does it for you. Very good jacks. I don't have one anymore, I "gave" it to my brother since he would never return it. It never flinched even in the worst service. Pricey AF, but you can beat the living crap out of them and they're like "that all you got, pu$$y?" Not that I would beat on them, but they're excellent quality.

Most of the time, except for tire changes, I'm using the Race Ramps.

As Anubis mentioned, the 2 ton HF jack ain't bad. Been running the 2 ton aluminum jack from HF for a few years now, and while seemingly ready to do the job, I still get a little squirmy using it. Get some darn good jack stands regardless of brand of jack you use. It is nice to take to the yard, though due to less weight. Especially if you're lugging that beeyotch several hundred yards into the back 40. That's where all the "ancient" G-bodies reside anymore, even if they have any.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor