floor jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I've had several of the 3 ton Pittsburgh (Harbor Freight) jacks. None were low profile or aluminum. They've all been decent for the money ($68 out the door at the parking lot sale about five years ago). I decided I wanted an American made jack so I bought a 3 ton Hein-Werner. It's an awesome jack but it's about 50% larger than a standard 3 ton jack. It was expensive. I thought I was buying something similar to what I had but when it showed up on a pup tractor trailer with a liftgate I realized that wasn't the case. No regrets. It's American made and will outlast me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The one I posted from HF weighs over 100lbs. It's no joke. HF actually was sued by Snap-On because the jack was an exact copy of theirs. They lost because it was and it was made in the same factory. Hein Werner are awesome, but big $$$$

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Look for stable quality wheels and a large lifting pad in whatever you choose.

I bought a low profile jack from HF when we picked up a recovered theft 79 c10 of mine a couple summers ago. The 15" front wheels were flat on the rim and I was able to get the jack under the front... barely.

So there are benefits to the low profile design even if you don't expect to need it.

i also echo buying GOOD jack stands. Northern tool has some 3 ton with lock keys and under $50/pair usually around here, better than what HF sells.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I've had several of the 3 ton Pittsburgh (Harbor Freight) jacks. None were low profile or aluminum. They've all been decent for the money ($68 out the door at the parking lot sale about five years ago). I decided I wanted an American made jack so I bought a 3 ton Hein-Werner. It's an awesome jack but it's about 50% larger than a standard 3 ton jack. It was expensive. I thought I was buying something similar to what I had but when it showed up on a pup tractor trailer with a liftgate I realized that wasn't the case. No regrets. It's American made and will outlast me.
Here are some pics of the Harbor Freight and Hein-werner 3 ton jacks side by side......

20210410_163825_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20210410_163729_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20210410_163714_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor