Floor pan braces, what cars will fit a 78 malibu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystre71

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2018
Hi, I'm restoring my 78 malibu, I need not only the full floor pan but the underside braces as well as the lower corner sections of the firewall. My question is what cars can I rob these parts from ? Will all 4 door and elco braces and firewall fit ? What about other Gbodys ?

Thanks!

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yep, front sections are all the same

Reactions: 1 user

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
4 door and wagons use the same floor pans as 2 door cars, El Camino's do to the tunnel is what's different.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
No front by the drivers feet to under their butt. Behind that is different

mystre71

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2018
Thanks for the info.. I'm going to purchase a full 2 door floor pan from OPGi. ....Does anyone know if the braces under the floor pan are the same on four doors and wagons as they are on 2 doors ?

I'll have to get the braces from a junk yard since for some ridiculous reason everyone makes a floor pan but no under braces, because that would make too much sense I guess...lol

mystre71

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2018
THANKS! I had searched and couldn't find any, except for the seat braces on top. Now I just need the front brace. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor