Floor Pan Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Are the floor pans in all these cars the same?

More specifically what I'm asking, are the seat mounting posts all located the same in all of these cars?

I'm attempting to put non GM seats in my cutlass, to make this easier I planned to use a universal aftermarket seat base, then attach my seats to it.

I found such parts to be available for the Monte's but it doesn't specifically state any other model, so will a seat base built for a 78-88 Monte mount into a Cutlass?

It's a $160 dice roll to see if it will even work for what I'm trying to do, but figured I would ask before rolling the dice.

Hopefully someone has owned several different g bodies and able to chime in.

If it works I will have some buckets, or at least the tracks available.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Basicly they're all the same except for the section attached to the rear foot wells. This is with the El Camino/Caballero since they don't have the need of a rear seat. With front seat mounting, they're all the same.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
As long as your car came with the inner seat mounts there should not be an issue.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
2 door and 4 door floor pans are the same, as mentioned above El Camino is close but the transmission tunnel behind the seat is the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor