Status
Not open for further replies.

travisherk

n00b
Feb 27, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys,

Wanted to see what your guys' opinion was:

I welded in new floor pans in my Caballero (drilled holes and spot welded to good material)

Since I spot welded and didnt run a continuous bead, I waned to seal the pans on the interior and exterior to ensure a good seal

So... What would anyone recommend? I've been told Lord Fusor and I've also been old just plain ol RTV

Thanks!

Travis

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If they are are just welded onto the edge of the old panel & not butt welded you'll be seem sealing both sides. The Lord Fusor has a few based on set up time to choose from plus brushable type. Look over their catalog to what all they have.
https://lordfulfillment.com/pdf/44/PC3000_FusorCatalog.pdf
3M, SEM has seem sealers to look into too. Don't go with RTV cause you'll get more pratice floor replacement.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor