floor pans for the g body cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldsThunder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2010
IOWA
has anyone used the after market floor pans that are available? they dont look exactly what we have in there now, Just wondering how much work were they to get in? any info is helpful thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

in d nile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 27, 2009
Mn
I replaced my floor(MC SS) with a Goodmark piece, fit very well and easy to install.( but Im a body man)

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
I used floor pans from Sherman to do the floors in my 442. They fit pretty well also and were not a huge amount of work to get in (I'm also a body man though). I have a few pictures of puttin the floors in on my car on my build thread if you wanna check em out to see how we got them in.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10154

OldsThunder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2010
IOWA
in d nile said:
I replaced my floor(MC SS) with a Goodmark piece, fit very well and easy to install.( but Im a body man)
I looked at the ones from good mark and they looked a little differet than the ones that are original or did i see a bad picture? The floor in my car on the pass side is raised in front of the seat and the goodmark piece didnt seem to have the raise it the replacement panel but maybe they were not showing both sides maybe they coppied the drivers picture just for show. are you familure with what im talking about? Thanks for the reply

OldsThunder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2010
IOWA
86-blk442 said:
I used floor pans from Sherman to do the floors in my 442. They fit pretty well also and were not a huge amount of work to get in (I'm also a body man though). I have a few pictures of puttin the floors in on my car on my build thread if you wanna check em out to see how we got them in.

Floor pans from sherman? is this a company? how did you like their services and was it a exact match? I know that nothing is ever truly exact but reproduction panels are getting pretty good. Thanks again for the reply and the info.

OldsThunder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2010
IOWA
86-blk442 said:

I also couldnt find the pictures to the floor panels in your link did i not look far enough?

in d nile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 27, 2009
Mn
Here's what it looks like..

Attachments

• 20100530_0809.JPG
    20100530_0809.JPG
    526.2 KB · Views: 8,165

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
Sherman is a company (technically it's Sherman Parts or something like that). They do alot of crash parts, and some restoration pieces for older cars. Here is a link to their site: http://shermanparts.com/ecat/base/index.php

It seems to be the same place that G-body parts gets their floors, rockers, 1/4 panels, and door skins from. I didnt get my parts through them I got them locally through Camaro Specialties. Quality isnt bad at all, I picked up floors, rockers, and 1/4's for my olds.

As far as pictures of sectioning in my new floors, those are on page 3 of my build up.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
in d nile said:
i get to look forward to replacing these!!! :puke: on my lil bro 87.was wondering about the center piece(pointed out) the replacements dont come with this piece??,do i have to get this from a donor? because as ive noticed,the piece has the outer seat braccket attached to it.do i need this piece or will i have too fab it into the replacement pans? do they sell this piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor