Floor shift stearing column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadstool

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2019
Lockeford CA
I've got a 78 cutlass non tilt column shift steering column. I just installed floor shifter. what years floor shift steering columns will work for the 78.

I was hoping the wiring harness would match up from the later year cars.

Or is should I just cut off the column shift lever nub.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20190901_171721.jpg
    20190901_171721.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 275
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
...a '78? Unless of course you replace the column with a'79 and later column and replace the intermediate steering shaft as well.
...or like you said, remove the handle, grind the nub down and fill it.

• Agree

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
That shifter setup looks great.... What BM unit is it and did you modify to get it to look like this ?

Toadstool

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2019
Lockeford CA
That shifter setup looks great.... What BM unit is it and did you modify to get it to look like this ?
I bought a b&m quicksilver shifter new in the box at a swapmeet. I just painted the small console the interior color(still trying to match the console to the interior color a little closer)it was so very easy to install. I added the hurst shift handle and hurst olds emblem because I made my 78 olds a hurst tribute car.

I hope that info helps dude good luck with your project.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Great solid cond Hurst bucket seats in camel,with factory console that I can adapt the quicksilver to(as I have 5 of them on shelf)---875.47 shipped.pm me if interested.is a "tribute" car the same as a "clone" car? Always wondered this? Looks like you are headed in the right direction with your approach none the less;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor