Floor shifter with column shift column still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I pulled the lever off of mine and left the linkage off. I also have a floor shift column to install, but it’s not painted yet. I didn’t hook up the reverse lights, or neutral safety switch yet. Shhh don’t tell anyone.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I don’t know if this helps but I had a 79 Cutlass with the factory floor shifter and the column had a collar that moved when you shifted . All the linkage was there for a column shift but no handle to pull. You might want to try and find one of those columns .
Basicly both column & floor shift columns are the same other than the shifter bowl. Years back I had a tilt column that I ground off the mount ears & filled in the hole to make it into a floor shift column.

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I will be looking for a column soon. Mine doesn’t have tilt .But I haven’t decided if I want to put a floor shifter and new center counsel.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I don’t know if this helps but I had a 79 Cutlass with the factory floor shifter and the column had a collar that moved when you shifted . All the linkage was there for a column shift but no handle to pull. You might want to try and find one of those columns .
That's how they all were factory, the column would lock the key in it if you were still in gear, why that collar moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor