Florence Is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I'm all ready for it but I am glad it was down graded. Got the garage door braced so hopefully the car is safe. Everyone stay safe out there.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There are reports of looters in NC, they should be shot on site.....:wtf:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I am telling you. There are a lot of predators out there and many of them wear suits

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Here in Greensboro, we were looking down the barrel of it until she turned... luckily we've just been getting strong winds and sporadic heavy rain... I feel bad for those out at the coast dealing with the real flooding and such. One of the guys in the scca club, where I rent a space in their shop, owns a small trailer park in New Bern, and just found out that all. 25 of his units were flooded or wiped out.... Sitting here counting my blessings that it wasn't as bad here as it could have been.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Darin,
I'm glad to hear that you guys haven't experienced the worst of it..which reminds me, I have to contact my nephew who lives in Greensboro.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Here in western SC we dodged a huge bullet as well. It was coming straight for us at a whopping 2 mph before it finally turned. Got some wind and some rain, but nothing compared to the coast since we were on the southwest side of the storm. I'll be glad when that b*tch leaves. You gotta go, Flo!

When I was in the Navy, I had the "luxury" of being stationed in Charleston, SC for Hurricane Hugo back in 1989. I lived in Summerville at the time, which was 30 miles inland from the coast, and couldn't leave. Difference was, Hugo was fast moving, thank goodness. I had the 85 442 and 87 442 (gray) in the garage when it hit and all I could think about next to surviving ourselves, was "hope the garage holds up...hope the garage holds up..." They survived. This time around, The bands of wind and rain came through here while Florence was still a Cat 1, so this is the second time the 85 442 has officially gone through a hurricane and survived without a scratch. Ex-wife got the gray 87 in the divorce last time around...I missed the car more than I missed her.

When survivors say that a hurricane sounds like a freight train outside your door, they weren't kidding. Then dead calm (the eye), followed by the freight train going the other way. I'll never wish going through that on anyone.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Darin,
I'm glad to hear that you guys haven't experienced the worst of it..which reminds me, I have to contact my nephew who lives in Greensboro.

Jack, let me know if he needs anything, we're on the outskirts of greensboro, and haven't gotten flooding, but there's some areas in town that flood with the 2nd raindrop...

Here in western SC we dodged a huge bullet as well. It was coming straight for us at a whopping 2 mph before it finally turned. Got some wind and some rain, but nothing compared to the coast since we were on the southwest side of the storm. I'll be glad when that b*tch leaves. You gotta go, Flo!

When I was in the Navy, I had the "luxury" of being stationed in Charleston, SC for Hurricane Hugo back in 1989. I lived in Summerville at the time, which was 30 miles inland from the coast, and couldn't leave. Difference was, Hugo was fast moving, thank goodness. I had the 85 442 and 87 442 (gray) in the garage when it hit and all I could think about next to surviving ourselves, was "hope the garage holds up...hope the garage holds up..." They survived. This time around, The bands of wind and rain came through here while Florence was still a Cat 1, so this is the second time the 85 442 has officially gone through a hurricane and survived without a scratch. Ex-wife got the gray 87 in the divorce last time around...I missed the car more than I missed her.

When survivors say that a hurricane sounds like a freight train outside your door, they weren't kidding. Then dead calm (the eye), followed by the freight train going the other way. I'll never wish going through that on anyone.

I remember when Fran came through Raleigh... I was working maintenance at an apartment complex, and remember listening all night to 90mph sustained winds, and large trees snapping all night... were the last area of the city to get power back on....11 days after the storm...

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, let me know if he needs anything, we're on the outskirts of greensboro, and haven't gotten flooding, but there's some areas in town that flood with the 2nd raindrop...
==============================================================
Thank you very much, Darin,
That's very kind of you.
I've yet to hear from him and how he fared with the storm. I'm sure he's okay.
Be safe out there my friend.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor