Florida members thread...anyone interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
i have noticed theres a lot of florida members here. so i was thinking it might be cool to have a thread for all us sunshine state G-body guys. who knows, maybe we could get a meet going eventually. i figured it might make locating parts, and stuff like that easier to. i wasnt sure where this thread would fit in the best, i was up in the air between here and new members. anyone interested ?? if you see a florida member , send them towards this thread, it might turn out to be something pretty cool. if theres already one somewhere, someone please let me know. i searched and didnt find anything.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
What's up i'm from Tampa myself I like the idea of a Florida thread. If I see anyone else from Florida I'll send them here.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Every once on a while I'll see a G body at Speedworld in Orlando. Not sure about their participation on here though. I'm in Volusia.

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
I'm in jacksonville. Something like the Cali guys have 80's babys car club would be great.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hello fellow Floridians!
I'm in Gainesville. Home of the Gator Nationals. We could help each other find that certain junkyard part and or share junkyard locations, parts cars, etc.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Beach Photos

We could do a meet and greet on the beach in Daytona and I know a car photographer - would not be expensive

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
dang, this is cool as hell. i thought something like this might be a good idea, it seems like i have been seeing alot of florida people here. and i have seen some good ideas already, i.e..help with locating parts, meets, especially that beach photo deal ( although i wont be ready for that for about 6 months or so unless a pile of parts and a frame with a sunset background turns ya on... :rofl: ) . im just south of sarasota about 45 minutes or so, off I-75 exit 164 , little town called punta gorda. although im thinking about moving back down to ft. myers pretty soon. but anyways, i think this is gonna be pretty cool. thanks for chipping in so far guys, everyone be on the lookout for florida peeps and send them this way.

BTW... i just figured out they have user groups here, im going to look into them a little more, but it sounds like maybe we should start one of those as well as a thread.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well maybe I am the only guy here from the Panhandle. It seems like everyone is was down in south/central Florida. I am from Pensacola, but am currently staying in a small town halfway between Pensacola & Tallahassee. Its a bout 35 minutes north of Destin. I see a lot of GBodys around here from time to time. Some really nice actually. I know a guy who has a silver/black regal with an ls swap done. I used to work with a guy who put an lt1 in his '84 monte carlo, and had a flame thrower kit installed. Anybody on here from the panhandle?

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
im pretty sure i have seen some members from the north part of florida here before. im sure theyll pop up sooner or later. i just sent an inquiry to the mods about starting a usergroup for us florida guys, so well see what happens. florida does seem to be a great place for g bodys, i have seen some nice ones myself. i know when i went looking for my project, it took me awhile to locate one in decent shape that wasnt priced completely ridiculously. i think thats related to the large ethnic population here ( no disrespect intended ) that like to turn them into lowriders or put them on 26" wheels. personally not my cup of tea, and i hate to see a clean g body cut up with wild suspension and frame mods to accomodate these types of builds, but each to his own. when i see something like that i try to appreciate the workmanship and effort that went into it, i mean, heck, im sure alot of guys dont care for how i am building mine, but its mine, so ill do what i want with it.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
i'm in GA but i agree..the southeast is the best place for gbodys...we RIDE these cars out here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor