FlyneBye Performance

MechMan

MechMan

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
Long Island NY
Has anyone purchased FlyneBye Performance brake spindles for the G-Body? It looks like a it would make swapping to larger brakes much easier. Below is the website.

http://www.flynbye.com/index.html

BOXCARS

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Yes, I've purchased from him a few times. Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to get a response from him for any question you might have, either by email or phone, but I would say that as far as delivering on what you have ordered and paid for, he will deliver. Sometimes it takes a while to get items, but I think it's more a problem with whether or not he has them on the shelf or not. It's not the way I would do business. You'll be waiting for a part, and when it's weeks later, you still won't get a response to inquiries -- "where's my part?", but then, when he finally gets the part from his suppliers, you receive the part.

MechMan

MechMan

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
Long Island NY
Thank you for the honest answer. I am considering either swapping to the LS1 or C5 brakes. Will do the rears as well though I think the rears will be easier since I will be replacing it with a Moser unit.

BOXCARS

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I have done the LS1 conversion a few times with junkyard calipers and modified the spindles myself. I have pictures of the modified spindles if interested. I bought the hubs a couple times from Flynbye. The only other thing needed is rotors, pads, and abutment brackets.

C6 W/14" ROTORS

Attachments

Last edited:
fleming442

fleming442

Geezer
Dec 26, 2013
I have done the LS1 conversion a few times with junkyard calipers and modified the spindles myself. I have pictures of the modified spindles if interested. I bought the hubs a couple times from Flynbye. The only other thing needed is rotors, pads, and abutment brackets.

C6 W/14" ROTORS
Polished calipers? Seriously?

roger1

roger1

Master Mechanic
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
BOXCARS

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
83StreetMachine