FlyneBye Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thanks for the pictures! Are you running c clip eliminators or what is the gold color spacers between the axle flange and the backing plate for? Part of the kit? Looks like you gained 3/4" there in caliper location.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Thanks for the pictures! Are you running c clip eliminators or what is the gold color spacers between the axle flange and the backing plate for? Part of the kit? Looks like you gained 3/4" there in caliper location.

yes, the gold colored spacers are part of the kit from flyinbye. those spacers are what gets the backplate where it needs to be in relation to the axle flange. the rotors line up perfectly with the parking brake shoe.

i am running moser stock replacement axles with c-clips.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thanks for the info. I have some deciding to do.....

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Alright, so a few updated photo's.... I ordered a pair of 3/16" aluminum wheel spacers from amazon then put a few washers between the abutment bracket and the gold colored adapters... looks a bit better.

IMG_20190401_183656013.jpg
IMG_20190401_183715958.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Doesn't putting those washers behind the abutment brackets put the rotor up against the abutment bracket? You only have so much room and you want the rotor in the center of that space. Another thing I'm confused about. Where is the emergency brake apparatus? There's no photo that shows it.

Reactions: 1 user

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Doesn't putting those washers behind the abutment brackets put the rotor up against the abutment bracket? You only have so much room and you want the rotor in the center of that space. Another thing I'm confused about. Where is the emergency brake apparatus? There's no photo that shows it.

on the washers --- no, because i used a 3/16" aluminum spacer between the rotor and the axle... so now the calipers will need to move out also... now a little more clearance between the frame and calipers.
LInk: 3/16 aluminum wheel spacers

see last photo in post #35 for a photo of the e-brake mount. i have not sourced the emergency brake cables yet, but the location is very close to the original, just moved inward

Last edited:

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
on the washers --- no, because i used a 3/16" aluminum spacer between the rotor and the axle... so now the calipers will need to move out also... now a little more clearance between the frame and calipers.
LInk: 3/16 aluminum wheel spacers

see last photo in post #35 for a photo of the e-brake mount. i have not sourced the emergency brake cables yet, but the location is very close to the original, just moved inward

Oh I see. I didn't realize you put the 3/16" spacer behind the rotor. On the E-brake again, are there shoes that fit inside the rotor as with the LS1 brakes and if so, what vendor supplied them? I don't see it in the flynbye picture.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
yes, there are shoes behind the rotor that came with the kit. just need to put the rotor on and figure out the cable.

• Useful

Geezy24

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2017
yes, there are shoes behind the rotor that came with the kit. just need to put the rotor on and figure out the cable.

Any idea if these ebrake plates work on c6 4 piston calipers? I would rlike to add a ebrake to my GN .
4f6c9e844c9a05a0e86f0b66ef6805a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Any idea if these ebrake plates work on c6 4 piston calipers? I would rlike to add a ebrake to my GN .

i am not familiar enough with those c6 z06 calipers to say one way or the other for sure. i think it will actually come down to the rotor, and if the parking brake shoe is the same size on the z51 as the z06... a quick read on guys uprading their c5 vettes to c6 z06 calipers they didnt even mention it...

ed's email is [email protected] if you wanna ask.. he answers them, just takes him a few days tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor