FlyneBye Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
as it relates to the flynbye product, i'm installing his c6 z51 rear disc brake adapters (with parking brake plates). doesnt sound like anyone here has tried them.

reason why it'll be a while is i have the axle completely torn down (except for the bearing races), media blasted it last weekend. still need to paint and build it before the brakes go on.

Thanks! You didn't indicate in your previous post what you were calling him about. I'd like to have something larger than the 12" rotor LS1 brakes I'm presently running on my GN so I am interested in how you make out. I'll be looking forward to your future comments on this thread. Unfortunately, it's too difficult to get any information off the guy who is selling these kits. His brake business is just a side business for him, so he's too busy to take care of his customers, or potential customers. Pretty mind boggling.

thinking.png

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
There's a guy on ebay that I've been dealing with for big brake parts and he responds quick and is really informative. Sellers name is lt4xtreme. He has brake stuff for front and rear for gbody and other vehicles.

Reactions: 1 user

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
just looked up his ebay store, there is a message "Sorry guys I'm having another heart surgery and will not be in the shop for a while. Hope to be back soon."

• Informative

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I got the C5/C6 backplates from flyinbye installed over the weekend... I have C6 Z51 13" rotors. Quality is great.

Wish I had taken photo's before install...
IMG_20190317_113712068.jpg
IMG_20190317_113850815.jpg
IMG_20190317_113926313.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
4WD blazer stuff? Do your calipers hit the frame? I thought you had to put the caliper pointing backwards otherwise the caliper hits?

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
The lt4xtremes ebay store is open so you can order brake stuff if anyone is interested. He is back from surgery.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I'll let you guys know as soon as i get the correct abutment brackets

Hey, I looked on flynbye's site and I didn't see the backing plates you purchased. Can you be more specific where exactly I can see what he has offered? I know I can't just call up and ask. Did you just modify that flange specifically for your C5/c6 backing plate? Mine is similar for my LS1 rear brakes, but if the holes are in a different place from the LS1 to C5/C6, then that would be a problem for me. Any and all info for 13" rear brakes would be appreciated.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Hey, I looked on flynbye's site and I didn't see the backing plates you purchased. Can you be more specific where exactly I can see what he has offered? I know I can't just call up and ask. Did you just modify that flange specifically for your C5/c6 backing plate? Mine is similar for my LS1 rear brakes, but if the holes are in a different place from the LS1 to C5/C6, then that would be a problem for me. Any and all info for 13" rear brakes would be appreciated.

here is the link: http://www.flynbye.com/catalog/i261.html

as far as the axle flange -- yes, i cut the top off and had to drill the two holes at the top to match the backing plate. 2 holes at the bottom matched up, but needed to be drilled to a larger size (3/8").

The 13" rotors are C6 Z51, got them from power stop part # K5159-26.

one thing that i found out too late about was that even though this kit uses the z51 rotors, it uses c5/c6 base model abutment brackets. i bought the z51's.

the correct abutment brackets should be coming in the mail on monday, and i'll be able to show the finished product next week.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor