FM but no AM on the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My buddy's Malibu had an antenna mounted on the rear fender next to the trunk lid. Some rat snapped it off. We replaced it with an almost identical antenna. Now we get FM but no AM on the radio. The radio is a simple AM/FM CD player, nothing fancy. What might cause this?

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
:bump:

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It is aftermarket antenna. All parts are there. Are you saying the grounding may be bad?

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
kind of there is a plastic washer that sits on the base of the antenna if it is not in the proper order of assembly you will only get FM reception
Interesting... I never knew that.

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
kind of there is a plastic washer that sits on the base of the antenna if it is not in the proper order of assembly you will only get FM reception
First I ever heard of that. But we used an almost identical antenna and installed it exactly the same way. My enginerd cousin says it is probably not grounded correctly. As soon as the tropical storm abates I will take the multi-meter and start checking.

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor