Fog light does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2015
Hi. I have a 84 grand prix and my passenger side fog light does not work. The one in the bumper. I put in a new bulb, changed the flasher and still nothing. When I put on my turn signal it works. My blinker light on the dash (right side stays lite up). I can't figure it out, can someone help.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Hey,

what your calling a fog light in the bumper .....just thinking it's the amber running light / turn signal.

i would check to see if you used the correct bulb....thinking s/b 1157......if that not it .....check grounds and the socket

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Apr 20, 2015
I have the 1157 bulb. When I put it in and turn on the running lights (pull the headlight knob one click out) it comes on but insanely dim. When I put on the turn signal it works perfectly. I checked the ground and it is good. the other side works great.

Apr 20, 2015
Not sure if it matters, but is the housing grounded? Both tabs broke off of the housing and I have it zip tied in place in the bumper. Is the housing for the bulb grounded to the bumper through the mounts?

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
is there 12 volts going the socket ?

both sides of the socket......it's 2 separate circuits.

as to your zip tie question...........i was thinking the housing is plastic. But never owned a grand prix..........what happens if you run a temp ground wire from the housing to a clean ground ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor