Fooking deer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
After 30 years of driving didn't I smack a deer this morning. That b*tch decided to cut back towards the truck after running ahead of me. Nailed the grill, headlight, warped the passenger fender. Now to deal with Allstate & their forced use of doing an online claims adjuster instead of a live body.

Attachments

• 20210513_054800.jpg
    20210513_054800.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 96
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I feel your pain. Happened to me many moons ago on my old truck. Deer just bolted out from the side of the road and clipped him with the RH headlight/bumper/grille. IIRC, it was around 1500 worth of damages. And it was a young doe that had barely lost her spots.

Had a furry fog light for a bit. But the body shop got it all fixed up.

deereaterGMC.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
After 30 years of driving didn't I smack a deer this morning. That b*tch decided to cut back towards the truck after running ahead of me. Nailed the grill, headlight, warped the passenger fender. Now to deal with Allstate & their forced use of doing an online claims adjuster instead of a live body.
You can always call the shop of your choice and coordinate with them to have Allstate look at it there.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I feel your pain. Happened to me many moons ago on my old truck. Deer just bolted out from the side of the road and clipped him with the RH headlight/bumper/grille. IIRC, it was around 1500 worth of damages. And it was a young doe that had barely lost her spots.

View attachment 175355

I wish it would of hit the drivers side bed side cause I got a spot of cancer to fix. The claim would be cheaper than me fixing it. That doe was a good size & I watched her do her death cart wheel along the shoulder with me. One perk is I can get the one jag off at work to her up since he had to pick the deer truck for his summer assignment for the state.
You can always call the shop of your choice and coordinate with them to have Allstate look at it there.
I was hoping to see the one adjuster I have known for years to get a good fair settlement with no bullshit or even his one other adjuster since they have been good with me over the years. Tomorrow after work I'll hit the Chevy stealership to see what they say & maybe the GMC/Caddy one to see if they guys I delt with with my other truck are still there. Other kicker is having to deal with out of pocket on a rental unless I use the dealer I got the truck at but their shop is at their main stealership about 20 minutes away from work. Getting thin to find a good body shop near me. I'm going to call the 800 number here in a moment to ask why I'm being forced to have to use my (not so) smart phone to do the claim.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge

View attachment 175355
Hit one dead between the headlights on my '12 Sierra. Truck only had 12000KMs on it. Was 14.5-14.7 grand in damage. Hood and fenders were perfect. But everything bolted up to and including the core support had to be replaced. Just had a terrible 24hr shift at CP Rail my parting gift was an airbag in the face at 5am. I was still within cautionary limits of the yard.

FB_IMG_1620947436016.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just went through the emails & text I was sent from a second call this evening that updates the claim for a somewhat better way to do their estamate. The girl I talked to set it up to do a virtual meeting to show the damage. She asked for more in depth details than the first one. So now estemates tomorrow & I'll try to the virtual meeting either tomorrow or Saturday morning. Next is schedule the job & get a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor