For interest's sake - not mine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I've seen this a handfull of times in my life and the owners are never around for me to ask why the hell don't people use one of the 4,0000,00000,00000,000000,000000000,000000000000,0000000009 random pick up trucks on this green earth instead of one of these..i disapprove..
There are nearly 40 G Body Elkys on Ebay alone right now.....at least this one isn't rotting in the ground somewhere. Not totally my style, but I like the idea of a 4wd El Camino.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Now you know how I feel about someone hacking up an otherwise perfectly good VIN 9 car. Their car, their money, but it doesn't mean I have to be ok with it.

Substituting your exact quote to adjust to my painful experiences:

I've seen this a handfull of times in my life and the owners are never around for me to ask why the hell don't people use one of the 4,0000,00000,00000,000000,000000000,000000000000,0000000009 random pick up trucks run of the mill Cutlass Supremes on this green earth instead of one of these a Hurst/Olds or 442..i disapprove..

I "destroyed" a "1 of 200" black with the black-out package Turbo T because it suited me. And I am in the process of systematically "ruining" my "1 of 1" (such a silly concept) Hellcat. Just wait until I get "into" Natasha's "1 of 5197" final production year Z28.

They are just cars. Modifying the crap out of them is the most rewarding experience I get out of the hobby. Which is why my soon to be longer winter's are really a blessing so I can see more of my ideas come to life.

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I "destroyed" a "1 of 200" black with the black-out package Turbo T because it suited me. And I am in the process of systematically "ruining" my "1 of 1" (such a silly concept) Hellcat. Just wait until I get "into" Natasha's "1 of 5197" final production year Z28.

They are just cars. Modifying the crap out of them is the most rewarding experience I get out of the hobby. Which is why my soon to be longer winter's are really a blessing so I can see more of my ideas come to life.
Entirely my point. Your car, your money, your time. If you don't care, then it doesn't matter what others think. But you still can't make someone else like the idea. Why not get a regular Cutlass to hack than an H/O? I mean, they're "just cars" as you pointed out. That's all I'm saying.

Unless you're extremely lucky, to find the equivalent base Hurst/Olds or 442 to a Cutlass you will very likely pay more, and sometimes a lot more, for the toy to rip out the guts and start over on it. And you can paint and stripe up a Supreme/Salon/Calais to make it look like a limited edition H/O or 442 if you choose, so I'm still at a loss as to why people hack up good, low-mile examples when there are plenty of others out there in comparable shape for usually a lot less $$ and still can be just as fun.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Entirely my point. Your car, your money, your time. If you don't care, then it doesn't matter what others think. But you still can't make someone else like the idea. Why not get a regular Cutlass to hack than an H/O? I mean, they're "just cars" as you pointed out. That's all I'm saying.

Unless you're extremely lucky, to find the equivalent base Hurst/Olds or 442 to a Cutlass you will very likely pay more, and sometimes a lot more, for the toy to rip out the guts and start over on it. And you can paint and stripe up a Supreme/Salon/Calais to make it look like a limited edition H/O or 442 if you choose, so I'm still at a loss as to why people hack up good, low-mile examples when there are plenty of others out there in comparable shape for usually a lot less $$ and still can be just as fun.
This is why I passed on the 83 H/O before I bought my Grand Prix. I have a deep emotional attachment to the 83 H/O (my step-dad had one when he started dating my mom and I absolutely loved that car), but I knew I didn't want an automatic and wouldn't be happy with the 307. I couldn't bring myself to cut up a survivor, so I passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor