For us RC car junkies....

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
I've been into RC since 1990 and have had a ton of fun with it still to this day...even at almost 40. The new trend is no-prep drag racing. Jconcepts just released a Grand National body. Thought it was pretty cool so figured I would share here for us Gbody freaks...Here is the release video for it:

Reactions: 7 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Yup, I'm buying on for a drag car I am building.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Hey Rick. Had an 80's rc10 grasshopper years ago, 40 mph stock way back then. End of last year a neighbor of one of my g-body friends was selling off a 1/7 scale truck for $200. Has bigger wheels & a gravedigger body right now. Got a good charger & 2 5200 batteries for it & barely tried it out before life got too busy. I know it's china made, but think it's worth a crap?
If I can ever spare a little end of the day time here & there I want to carve out a wood widebody camaro nose el camino body as a buck to vacuum form my own body for it.

Reactions: 1 user

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Dude the Grasshopper was old school fun! I started off on the Tamyia Lunchbox. Such a blast. In fact, the girlfriend and I just completed a build for each of us of the re-released Lunchbox kits. Super fun and nostalgic. I am not too familiar with the brand you have. To your point, probably an over seas production. But for $200 not a bad buy at all. I say run it and have a blast. Biggest thing on these new brushless trucks is watching your ESC and motor temps. Gearing the truck to aggressively or running back to back really hard can smoke the motors and ESC. I never let my motors get above 160* and about 150* for my esc...as heat kills electronics. My two beasts I run most are both built Traxxas E Revo 2.0s. I built one for street racing and speed and another for my off road basher. RC is my release when I get frustrated with my real cars...lololol! Couple pics of my RC rides....

Attachments

• 20200414_162816.jpg
    20200414_162816.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20200414_162810.jpg
    20200414_162810.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 20200311_123337.jpg
    20200311_123337.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200311_135020.jpg
    20200311_135020.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: 2 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Wow, what timing. I'm getting my daughter started in RC cars and I have a lunchbox that is going to be her first car to learn on. Mine does not look as nice as yours. I never put the stickers on mine. Just shot it with paint and ran it.

Reactions: 1 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Pretty cool there Rick. Yea , I gotta get back into the in's & out's of this stuff that people like you know. By nature i'm kinda gentle aggressive on stuff, which tremendously helps lifespan. I got a couple of IR guns at work , so I guess just like with other things, checking heat everytime initially will let me know how I'm treating it. Gotta get used to all these battery charger functions & battery care too. Takes a little time , attention, & planning just to care for charging a battery now. I'm assuming the speed controllers & some other stuff could be somewhat universally swapped , where gearboxes & some of those type parts will be specific to my model & aren't always listed in stock on website. I guess biggest thing is don't smash into anything at speed with a 40 plus mph 1/7 scale mini monster.
I got this thing for a release from other things in life & barely got around to using yet, but will get into it sometime. No telling when I can carve a body to mold a plastic body on, but that would bring it to next level & be cool as **** at car shows with the real thing.
Any other tips you can spit out would be cool to bring me up to date. :unsure:

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I had a gold chassis RC10 back in the day. Took me a long time to save up for that thing along with the Futaba Magnum 😁 That was the combo to have around 1987 or so... Damn I'm old 😂

Reactions: 2 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
My friend got my son a traxxas car for Christmas, got me to pull mine out of the attic. I got my nitro tmax back together for a bit which my son and promptly broke again. I also dusted off my Tamiya mountaineer and started to rebuild it I was told by the owner of the hobby shop that they were going for like $5000 a few years ago. Unfortunately they re released the kits and they go for about $1000 now.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor