Ford 9 Inch Rear end G Body, Bearing size??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwolf15241

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013

Does it matter what size to go with??

!. Big Bearing
2. Small Bearing
3. GM Ends

Thanks RW

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
rwolf15241 said:

Does it matter what size to go with??

!. Big Bearing
2. Small Bearing
3. GM Ends

Thanks RW

Depends, what are you using for brakes? Ford, GM? Something else?

*Edit* Looks like you are going with brakes off a GM 10 bolt? In that case, you probably want something that has GM ends with the Ford bearing size inside. If you are narrowing a 9 inch yourself, Moser sells these housing ends. If you are buying a pre-fab 9" housing, call up who you are getting it from and tell them what you are doing for brakes and they should know to put the GM ends on there.

rwolf15241

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
I have a set of LE rear Brakes 11.665 rotors, & calipers. I will be ordering a QP 9 inch, I have a Detroit Locker, N Case, 373, 411 gears

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
rwolf15241 said:
I have a set of LE rear Brakes 11.665 rotors, & calipers. I will be ordering a QP 9 inch, I have a Detroit Locker, N Case, 373, 411 gears

Well, looks like you need to go with the GM ends; like I said above, give them a call (QP) and tell them what you are doing and they should be able to set you up. You will want to keep the Ford bearing size so you can get Ford axles, the backing plate bolt pattern will be the GM so you can bolt your brakes on. And if you have a choice, I would do the big bearing.

rwolf15241

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
looking for my locker to verify it's a 31 spline before I order !!

Besides bearing size , whats the difference??? I need to look up the spacing from the wheel flange to rear end flange to see if I can use the factory LE brackets that I have!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor