Ford 9" Rear from Quick Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Has anyone had experience with Quick Performance rear ends? They make 9" Ford rear ends that bolt into a G Body. I am considering using one of these for my 84 Grand Prix. Their prices don't seem too bad. I need a posi rear and I figured no sense in shelling out $$$ on a 7.5". I have copied the link to their site below.

http://www.quickperformance.com/Product ... .htm#Axles

sounds good

that sounds like a reasonable deal.. and you get pretty much everything you want.. i haven't personally ordered from this company so i wouldn't know how their customer service and realibilty is... but from just looking... it looks like a nice site..

I have bought two different rear ends from these guys. Both have been nothing but trouble. Leaks, cheap parts, lousy welded ends (not straight and true). If you want a good 9", go ahead and get the Mosler, it will work, fit and be right the first time.

Since my post, the owner of the company called and asked why I was blasting his company on the internet. Someone must have forwarded him this link. He offered to fix any issues I had with my rearend, and asked why I had not called about the problems. I will say, I did not call, but at the time I was on a real time crunch and had to fix it locally, did not have time to wait on parts that should have been right the first time. Of course shipping it back would be silly and I have already done the other repairs now so at this point I will not talk about their products.

He did seem genuinely concerned though, so you may want to discuss things with him directly.

well i called and ask if it had any guarentee and he said that if ur car has been wrecked and the frame is tweaked it wont fit. but other than that im going to give it a try and see for myself if its messed up ill just send it back to get fixed. building a 1980 malibu wagon with a small block 406 with some goodies in it. should be in the mid to low 7's in the 1/8th.

it was pretty good of the owner to get ahold of you to see why you werent happy with his product. theres a lot of people that say they arent happy with a company/product and you rarely ever see the management/owner following up with a genuine concern why you werent happy.

you rarely even see local companies that try to straighten out a sale with a customer anymore.

on the merit of him following up alone, i would at least try the product if i had the money to put out right now. 😀

almost gpt all the money and my will be ordered they just opened our local track back up here where im at we was having to drive 2 hrs for the closest track that sucked. but now its on. starting with my street car then gonna finish my race car not sure what type but probably an mc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor