Ford 9" sway bar options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
What kind of cheap options would I have for a 84 Monte with a 9" for a rear sway. Would any factory bars work?

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
prolly not, but i think h&r parts and stuff might have something for ya. also check out the vendors here on the forum...

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I beleive the factory sway bar will work fine as long as you are using factory control arms in the right position, such as a bolt in 9" from Moser, Quick Performance, etc.

Here's a picture of Spohn's direct replacement bar on a 9" in a G-body
G-Body-Rear-Sway-Bar-Regal-Rear-Sway-Bar-Malibu-Rear-Sway-Bar-2.jpg

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
The factory bar from a 78 Monte fit mine with no problems. I’m using axel brackets off of E Bay and boxed the set of stock lower control arms.

9inchswaybar.jpg

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
Now how do these attach to the lcas. I've seen a few things but look after market. Does it come through bottom of them or mount out The side

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a Hellwig rear bar on now but before that I had my factory F41 rear bar and I'm using Hotckis lowers. Both bars clear the 9" with no problems and work with lca's with factory sway bar mounting provisions which are mounted from the insides of the contol arms.The picture is with the factory sway bar.The Hellwig looks the same just bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 1,310
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor