Ford 9"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
I have a QP Ford 9 for my 84 SS. I had it made the the GM ends so I could use the F Body rear disc brakes.
I have not yet installed this unit. So my question is.....when the rear disc are added, does it push your wheels outward. You know,
make the rear end wider?
I need to order my rims for the rear, just seeing if I should account for the addition of rear disc. I am putting 18x10 on the rear.
I hope this makes sense !!!!

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I have a QP Ford 9 for my 84 SS. I had it made the the GM ends so I could use the F Body rear disc brakes.
I have not yet installed this unit. So my question is.....when the rear disc are added, does it push your wheels outward. You know,
make the rear end wider?
I need to order my rims for the rear, just seeing if I should account for the addition of rear disc. I am putting 18x10 on the rear.
I hope this makes sense !!!!
I went through this on the fronts. Swapping from regular g-body front discs to aftermarket/larger set-ups will increase track width unless the parts are specifically made to narrow the track width as the rotor hub flange is @ least 1/4". Some increase as much as 3/8" ea side.

The axles remain stock so no difference there. I would measure a 3rd gen f-body rear rotor @ the hub opening & compare it to the g-body drum flange opening & see what difference there is for your answer. Should be easy enough to find both @ your local parts store if you don't already have the parts.

Reactions: 1 users

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
I went through this on the fronts. Swapping from regular g-body front discs to aftermarket/larger set-ups will increase track width unless the parts are specifically made to narrow the track width as the rotor hub flange is @ least 1/4". Some increase as much as 3/8" ea side.

The axles remain stock so no difference there. I would measure a 3rd gen f-body rear rotor @ the hub opening & compare it to the g-body drum flange opening & see what difference there is for your answer. Should be easy enough to find both @ your local parts store if you don't already have the parts.
Sounds good !! Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Just a follow-up..... This is assuming the QP 9" is exactly the same width as the factory. That should be easy to confirm w/them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor