Found Another (Revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
That really sucks Kevin. As others have already said, I hope that there is something for you on the horizon.

Thanks Jeff! I'm sure something will come up. Thanks everyone for being so supportive...just got back from one of the neighbors (and a few here are considered as good friends) after having a few beverages....all are super supportive and saying if I or my wife need anything their there to help out. Feels good to belong here, as well around home to such a supportive community...it certainly means a lot!

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thanks Jeff! I'm sure something will come up. Thanks everyone for being so supportive...just got back from one of the neighbors (and a few here are considered as good friends) after having a few beverages....all are super supportive and saying if I or my wife need anything their there to help out. Feels good to belong here, as well around home to such a supportive community...it certainly means a lot!
Kevin, that sucks to hear about the job loss. It's always a hard blow to take...been there done it a couple times. Getting back on the horse is what most of us do though, no rest for the weary.

Just last month my wife and i took a huge, unexpected financial blow when our account got drained! At that point we were at a loss of what to do with bills due, but without asking we have good friends and family that self-lessy chipped in to keep us afloat!!!! It was humbling, but now a month later we are actually ahead of where we were and I'm close to acquiring a "new" motor for my cutlass...might just be another LS cutlass coming soon ;)

Keep hammering away buddy!! We are all here for ya!

Scott.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Wow, sorry to hear about this as well. I know it's still an uneasy feeling in spite of all he support and I hope something better is coming your way sooner rather than later. Wish you the best Kevin.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Kevin,
I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your position. Life can be unexpected at times and throw you a curve. I'm sure you'll bounce back into another position...or be a self employed entrepreneur. This might be your opportunity to be a full time parts vendor.
In any case, good luck! If you do decide to get into the parts business full time, you'll certainly have our support. Best wishes to you and your family.

If there's anything we can do....we'll be there for you...you have our support.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Another quick update...

So the weather has been pretty nice here the last week or so and I started getting a little more serious about getting this car home, however earlier this week my employer decided to close their facility in Regina here and I'm now unemployed. I've been dealing with a few things here this week with respect to this so have been a little preoccupied with that. Without getting into a bunch of whining I'm concerned about getting new employment being in my mid 50's. Hopefully something will work out in short order.

I still plan to get this car home and will advise when I do so.
What the hell has happened in Saskatchewan? Just a short while ago, you could trip over all the jobs, now this is closing, that is closing, cut backs here, there, everywhere! Sorry to hear you are one. My Wife is a Nurse, still waiting for the Axe to fall and my job is sell, sell, sell and I am not in sales! Hopefully you find something soon.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Kevin, that sucks to hear about the job loss. It's always a hard blow to take...been there done it a couple times. Getting back on the horse is what most of us do though, no rest for the weary.

Just last month my wife and i took a huge, unexpected financial blow when our account got drained! At that point we were at a loss of what to do with bills due, but without asking we have good friends and family that self-lessy chipped in to keep us afloat!!!! It was humbling, but now a month later we are actually ahead of where we were and I'm close to acquiring a "new" motor for my cutlass...might just be another LS cutlass coming soon ;)

Keep hammering away buddy!! We are all here for ya!

Scott.

Thanks much Scott! Really sorry to hear about your financial blow, but glad you came out of it on top!

Wow, sorry to hear about this as well. I know it's still an uneasy feeling in spite of all he support and I hope something better is coming your way sooner rather than later. Wish you the best Kevin.

Thank you Rick! Still trying to get in to check on those parts we've been chatting about...darn guy is hit and miss there...

Kevin,
I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your position. Life can be unexpected at times and throw you a curve. I'm sure you'll bounce back into another position...or be a self employed entrepreneur. This might be your opportunity to be a full time parts vendor.
In any case, good luck! If you do decide to get into the parts business full time, you'll certainly have our support. Best wishes to you and your family.

If there's anything we can do....we'll be there for you...you have our support.

Thank so much Jack! We've been internet friends for quite some time and your kind words mean alot!

What the hell has happened in Saskatchewan? Just a short while ago, you could trip over all the jobs, now this is closing, that is closing, cut backs here, there, everywhere! Sorry to hear you are one. My Wife is a Nurse, still waiting for the Axe to fall and my job is sell, sell, sell and I am not in sales! Hopefully you find something soon.

I hear you there Christan...not sure what's going on, but things here do seem to be in a downward slide. Hoping your wife doesn't take a hit! On another note are you coming into Regina on the 29th for the big spring swap meet? I'll be vending again this year...be nice to meet you.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I may try to get there, would be cool to meet you, hopefully my 70S will be back together by then and I can take it for a cruise to the city.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Well this car kinda of got put on the back burner after I got laid off, then surgery and recovery for the rest of the summer. Now that the Malibu I recently found may not be for sale I may bring this one to the forefront again. I'm going to be in the area of it to attend our fall swap meet and I believe my contact there works Saturday's so I think I'll stop in and see I can still pick it up or if he tells me to go fly a kite....

I've got a couple of other leads if for some reason this Cutlass doesn't work out....man I need to buy some property somewhere to stash some stuff if it all works out..

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Right on Kevin. If you can swing a deal on it and decide not to build it, I’m still interested in parts off it for The Juggernaut.
:)

Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Right on Kevin. If you can swing a deal on it and decide not to build it, I’m still interested in parts off it for The Juggernaut.
:)

If I do get it Donovan I doubt that I'd build it myself....I can buy this one for less than I'd have into building the green one...

Low mileage 79 in great shape!

OYROZI.jpg

I'll see what happens with the green one....and if it's a part out the parts we talked about previously are yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor