Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Reactions: 1 user

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
So when is the first drive here lmao? You said an oil change and a few other things? As I think we covered everything else, or at least I thought we have lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I've only taken it around the block a few times...😎🤣🤣🤣

Checked all fluid levels, all good but still doing the oil change.

I think either my throttle cable and/or kickdown cable is misadjusted... shifts late and slow take off...

Haven't touched my idle mixture screws and I'm not sure I'm using this manual choke correctly lol

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
I can't seem to put my finger on it... But it sounds like you've got an exhaust leak or something off... That ticking noise is not normal. Also, the vacuum gauge popping back and forth like that isn't normal either, at least mine doesn't do that. It's pretty solid. Might be a sticking or leaking intake valve, or a rocker arm out of adjustment.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I've only taken it around the block a few times...😎🤣🤣🤣

Checked all fluid levels, all good but still doing the oil change.

I think either my throttle cable and/or kickdown cable is misadjusted... shifts late and slow take off...

Haven't touched my idle mixture screws and I'm not sure I'm using this manual choke correctly lol
Glad to see this. Enjoy and next time, keep a bit more of an open mind when interacting with people here man.

Nobody wastes time posting here to get their car OFF the road haha. Time to enjoy the warm weather and see if the work you have performed becomes up to task or not haha.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
I can't seem to put my finger on it... But it sounds like you've got an exhaust leak or something off... That ticking noise is not normal. Also, the vacuum gauge popping back and forth like that isn't normal either, at least mine doesn't do that. It's pretty solid. Might be a sticking or leaking intake valve, or a rocker arm out of adjustment.
More than likely misadjusted rocker valve...passenger side...cylinder 2 or 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor