CUTLASS found the date code,i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
on my 1980 olds cutlass calais i found the date code on the front of the engine behind the water pump between the oil fill tube and the sending unit i think. it says 4790 gm is this right and where is the casting no. is it to the left of the oil fill tube behind the ac compressor or behind the alternator? or is it in the back by the dist? i am confused. it is not the original engine just not sure what year. not enough thermo vacumume switches. i thought about bypassing all the vacumme lines and simplifying but i don't think i can out think the gm engineers, the things were there for a reason.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What do the big cast in numbers say behind the water pump on the shelf by the oil sender and oil fill tube?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Clean the area, that doesn't sound right.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What number is in front of the #1 spark plug?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor