442 Found this in my travels...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I do a little bit of driving for work and have been driving by this for around 6 months, stopped and grabbed some pics plus a potential phone number......

Any guesses for the tires on the roof??????

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Someone should close that console lid or the light will stay on and run the battery dead.

:)

I cry a little every time I see an Olds A/G-body like this. Almost reminds you of that scene in "Alien" where they saw the dead, fossilized alien gunner with a hole in his chest...about a thousand years too late to help...

74160.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1980 442, appears to be all original and unmolested. Solid foundation for a build providing the floors and frame are good.
Nice find.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Why would this be a parts car. As mentioned above if the floor and frame is good, build it and even those could be replaced.
Parts car

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Looks unmolested and one of 346 made. Seems worth saving to me.

• Agree

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's hardly what I'd consider a "parts car". It absolutely needs to be rescued.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I would think the toughest thing to find for that car is the original seat material. The car seems fairly straight. Hope the floors are good. And frame. Not the end of the world if not because those can be found/fixed, but that's going to be a ton of work no matter what. And it's 1 of 346? How much will it be worth when you pump 25K into it fixing it back up to its former glory? 25K? Maybe even not that much.

You have to want to save it because it means something more than just a cool old car that needs saving.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor