View attachment 173157
jato-opt.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Looks good to me. Confirm that the gasket (o-ring) is contacting the DBC TB on all flat surfaces and you'll be fine.

You can plug whichever one you don't want to use with something like these :
View attachment 173154

These kits can be had cheap or use a piece of vacuum line on it with a 5/16" bolt sticking out of it. I don't think you're a 'bolt in the vacuum line' kinda guy though.

View attachment 173155

Am I right or wrong?
lol. I'm kind of on my own without you guys... so yeah, I am throwing money at things that a more experienced person would just stick a bolt in...

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
lol. I'm kind of on my own without you guys... so yeah, I am throwing money at things that a more experienced person would just stick a bolt in...
Just here to have some fun and help. Hopefully you're doing the same.

I get the feeling that you worry about alot of the little things. My advice, no need to worry - the worst that'll happen is you have to re-do something. The best part of what you're doing, putting an LS in your car, is the motors and parts are getting very reasonable to replace or repair, and they are really simple and easy to work on. They have become what the SBC was in '80's and '90's - lots of good available used parts and aftermarket parts readily available. To the point that people begin to dislike them. But the performance available from an LS is hard to argue with.

Good luck and never be scared to ask!

Jim

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020

I get the feeling that you worry about alot of the little things. My advice, no need to worry - the worst that'll happen is you have to re-do something. The best part of what you're doing, putting an LS in your car, is the motors and parts are getting very reasonable to replace or repair, and they are really simple and easy to work on. They have become what the SBC was in '80's and '90's - lots of good available used parts and aftermarket parts readily available. To the point that people begin to dislike them. But the performance available from an LS is hard to argue with.

Good luck and never be scared to ask!

Jim
Always wanted to build a V8

Good luck and never be scared

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Always wanted to build a V8
Now I'm trying to graduate from my desk job to something more practically useful before this new generation outlaws gasoline along with gender.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Now I'm trying to graduate from my desk job to something more practically useful before this new generation outlaws gasoline along with gender.
If that happens, then we will be the next generation of moonshiners lol.

Wishful thinking on one side and scare tactics by the other side.

Never too late to learn and have fun. Just expect a couple of problems along the way. It's old school thinking that you, yes you, will have to solve your own issues.

:):)

BTW - what are you using for an operating system - factory ECU?

Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
If that happens, then we will be the next generation of moonshiners lol.

Wishful thinking on one side and scare tactics by the other side.

Never too late to learn and have fun. Just expect a couple of problems along the way. It's old school thinking that you, yes you, will have to solve your own issues.

:):)

BTW - what are you using for an operating system - factory ECU?
I used gel type blue Loctite today on the flexplate bolts after I wire wheeled the old Loctite off the flexplate bolts. I should have just looked at the threads on the bolts after I removed them, they were full of blue crud. Additionally, I had no trouble torquing the crank Bolt to 140 degrees this morning. that is definitely not a torque to yield Bolt.

I am using the factory ECU but I purchased a new Factory ECU from "Psi conversion" in Brick New Jersey for $200 with the VAT disabled and some other things, but stock truck tune. I needed the new ECU because I have converted from DBW to DBC. I did not want to rip out my gas pedal and modify the electric pedal, because I don't know how to weld.

Another reason I'm buying all these things and trying to research solutions before I get to work is because I got little kids, full-time job, and got to fit the car project into a very busy life. often my time is worth more than buying overpriced conversion parts

thanks for all your input and encouragement

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Another reason I'm buying all these things and trying to research solutions before I get to work is because I got little kids, full-time job, and got to fit the car project into a very busy life. often my time is worth more than buying overpriced conversion parts

thanks for all your input and encouragement
Me too. At least you have the self discipline to work on one car at a time...

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We used a PSI harness and PCM when we LS swapped my brother's 78 Z28. You'll be happy with what you bought.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
We used a PSI harness and PCM when we LS swapped my brother's 78 Z28. You'll be happy with what you bought.
awesome.

Once I get this oil pan changed to the Holley 302-2, it's time to start disconnecting the old 3.8 liter from the car... going to take my time with that. Working in a shed is, well, better than working in a parking lot.

Attachments

• received_460055805223381.jpeg
    received_460055805223381.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 88
  • received_882611698988011.jpeg
    received_882611698988011.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor