Frame body mount holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I used these with energy suspension poly mounts and had no issues.

Reactions: 3 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I bought washers at the hardware store that were the right size hole and welded them in

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought 14 gauge sheet metal and cut the repair circles with a hole saw on a drill press. With the inside circle I cut out I drilled a 1/2" hole in the center and welded those to reinforce the brackets for the control arms bolts.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Used em. thick enough that you have to actually try to blow a hole through em welding and dont warp easily. My rubber repro bushings fit fine.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I bought repair washers from Kirban and my poly body mount bushings fit ok. One thing to be careful of is that G body frames are not painted, they are dipped in black wax. This makes welding a bit tricky and using either flux core MIG or ARC a good idea. They do sell factory style black frame wax in aerosol cans for recoating the repair area.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Hotboyrn84

Apprentice
May 1, 2012
I’m sure this has been asked but there is some sort of locking nut welded inside the chassis for the position like 3 and 4 body mounts? I am trying to remove them on my 80 and broke the passengers sides and they fell out thank god but the drivers side are just spinning... anybody know what needs to be repaired. I see there is a body mount kit but it looks like it’s for the trunk only

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor