Frame braces

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
Well my 80 malibu l67 project car is dead. Every little thing I did more of the bottom of the car just disintegrated till it started coming off the frame like good bbq.
Ironically the frame is near mint. I just made a deal for a 78 4spd car that's already had the bottom of the car finished. It's an actual driver. So if you guys have some pictures besides boxing the frames of any supports you have built or bought I'd appreciate if you could post them. My goal is to redo the 80 frame, do all the suspension and brake upgrades and the 9" to that then just drop the 78 body on top.
Thanks guys

Reactions: 1 user

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
Yea I'm aware of their products. I just have a small abundance of metal, and tubing. Also a garage full of tools lol.
I'd like to fabricate my own stuff.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
As far as just bracing some of the things I made were all of my front braces (jounce bars, GP bar and fender to core to core support) out of rigid tubing that is twice as thick as the originals by first welding up a jig to make a crimped end and then using my press and tubing bender to form them.
And I also used roll bar tubing across the rear frame rail and bent it to go around my tire well and then welded it in,

IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0015.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Chevyman540

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2016
When I did my frame notch, I reinforced all the control arm mounting points, tied the frame rails together from side to side and to the rear cross member.

OP0WsCT.jpg

PzYRSdD.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Scot @ GNS Performance has a nice rear frame rail brace kit that will tie the back end together nicely.
He sells the brackets & you do the rest. Finished it off with a nice satin black powder coated finish!
RearFrameRailBrace1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor