MONTE CARLO Frame Notch for G-body with Low A/C Compressor Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Many moons ago I removed any and all parts to the factory A/C in my Monte. As I get older, I regret some of that. But, as we know, $$$ can remedy that.

I saw back a couple years ago that a Buick guy from Arizona has adapted a Vintage Air kit that hides everything under the dash outside of the compressor and condenser. So I called him and got some pricing.

I'd REALLY like to keep my engine bay clean and without too much clutter. This brings me to my question. I was looking at the Vintage Air/Alan Grove 15541-VCB to mount the compressor on my Monte that has a small block. I have an electric fuel pump, so I don't have that to worry about. However I've read somewhere that you have to notch the frame.

1. Has anybody done this and can share pictures/advice?
  2. Alternatives that keep the compressor "out of your face" when you open the hood?
Thanks,
Russ

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Its amazing what the need for speed or weight or dumb choices made us all do..... I had several Gbodys myself that I instantly tore the A/C out of you know "because horsepower" even if my turd of a 350 couldn't outrun grandma pushing a walker. Im interested to see where this goes as well because as I make progress on the olds projects of mine of course they are going to have A/C and im only 30 and you realize fast that driving you summer car in the heat with no air sucks. Did it for years and don't want to anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Its amazing what the need for speed or weight or dumb choices made us all do..... I had several Gbodys myself that I instantly tore the A/C out of you know "because horsepower" even if my turd of a 350 couldn't outrun grandma pushing a walker. Im interested to see where this goes as well because as I make progress on the olds projects of mine of course they are going to have A/C and im only 30 and you realize fast that driving you summer car in the heat with no air sucks. Did it for years and don't want to anymore.

Agreed, I'm going to buy the custom Vintage Air kit from Nick @ ArizonaGN, but curious about compressor mounting options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor