Frame notch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
I'm building my 80 malibu to thrash around. Basically as my daughter is getting near driving age she wants to know what I do about cars. I've been a 2nd gen fbody guy most of my life but I got the malibu at a good price and I love that square body look.
Anyway to the point. The tire I'm looking at is a 275/50/15. This will be for all 4 corners and an extra set of street legal slicks. Originally I wanted to notch the frame and brace the crap out of it but my time is limited and well I just don't feel like pulling the body lol. I scored a 6 point cage from the same guy I got the car from. So will I be fine with that tire size on a 15x8 or 15x9 nascar look alike rims? ( I love the 80s stock cars)
Thanks in advance

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Yes, 15 x 8 Aeros or Bassets. 4 offs, with maybe with a spacer to dial it in. Get racing lugnuts as the taper is different. Allstar has the best selection in thread sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor