Frame Off Restoration

MechMan

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Long Island NY
I am currently planning on buying a 84-88 Monte SS in the near future when space allows and was wondering how difficult it is to take the body off the frame. I want to make sure this car out lives me so I want to do it right. Any tips form those who have done this?

Texas82GP

Texas82GP

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: Streetbu

87National

Master Mechanic
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I am currently planning on buying a 84-88 Monte SS in the near future when space allows and was wondering how difficult it is to take the body off the frame. I want to make sure this car out lives me so I want to do it right. Any tips form those who have done this?
If you buy a southern car, or one that hasn't been exposed to snow/ice/salt.....you will make things a whole lot easier on yourself.

MechMan

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Long Island NY
If you buy a southern car, or one that hasn't been exposed to snow/ice/salt.....you will make things a whole lot easier on yourself.
I am planning on moving to Tennesse soon so having access to a car that hasn't seen winter will be easier for me to get.

MechMan

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Long Island NY
Is Schwartz Performance is the only way to get a new frame other than buying a second hand one? I am just looking in to all options just in case.

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Is Schwartz Performance is the only way to get a new frame other than buying a second hand one? I am just looking in to all options just in case.
if you can afford Schwartz Performance then I would go that way. There is quite a bit of work to do even on a good condition stock frame and you will never get it close to a Schwartz Performance

• Agree

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor