Frame rail compatibility: need second opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'd say fairly close as the rears are a closer match than the fronts with frames. I had on the original frame a set off a Regal & it all lined up. But with the Cutlass not fit note, there is some thing out there making the aftermarket list nothing fits a Cutlass. Parts can have the same p/n for all A/G's to include the Cutlass in GM books but they never do fit in the aftermarket books. I've seen things listed for a 442 but won't fit the same year Cutlass model it's based off of.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Found this replacement rail on OPG's website. Says "for Monte, Regal, Cutlass, Prix", but then theres an alert that says "does not fit 1978 Cutlass". Am I missing something? They're all the same in the rear except for the Caminos, right?

if you look in the ad for both sides it says it does fit a 78 Cutlass

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
This photo is from Conrad Lozier's web sight showing the difference in the rear rails.

El Camino/Caballero.....Coupe/Sedan.....Wagon.
3originalsetelcacarsta.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor