Frame Side Engine Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Scratching my head trying to figure out why Buick bolts the frame side engine mounts with practically no access to the bottom side of the bolts?!? Took the V6 out of my ‘85 Regal Limited and swapping mounts cause I’m putting an LS in. So does anyone have any great ideas as I’m close to whacking them off with my impact chisel...

Attachments

• 1E1EA158-A456-440E-9E15-B02255AA34E9.jpeg
    1E1EA158-A456-440E-9E15-B02255AA34E9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 162

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
There's an oval hole in the frame rail where you put the wrench in. Your fuel hoses are blocking one of them. Another path is through the control arm slot in the bottom of the frame. If you have a breaker bar, stick a 15 mm (medium or deep) socket on there and fish around with the help of a flashlight. It's not just Buick. GM hated all of us.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
There's an oval hole in the frame rail where you put the wrench in. Your fuel hoses are blocking one of them. Another path is through the control arm slot in the bottom of the frame. If you have a breaker bar, stick a 15 mm (medium or deep) socket on there and fish around with the help of a flashlight. It's not just Buick. GM hated all of us.

Lol. I used that oval hole for the top bolt, but seriously thinking of drilling my own just in case I have to do this again...

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If you're going to make your own holes, try to do a little nicer job of it than the PO of mine did (since repaired)

sam_1766.jpg

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor