frame specs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecool1

n00b
Sep 12, 2013
I just found this forum, hope I'm not doing something wrong but I need some info if possible. My Grandson drug home a Monte that has some frame damage. I need to know if there are large differences in the frames between the 2 dr. 4 dr. wagon and Caminos? The swap doesn't scare us I build older Street Rods, just didn't want to spend the time at U-Pull-it laying on the ground with a tape measure. Thanks for the help, we probably will need more info as we progress with this swap.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the only differences are the body mounting holes and perches in the rear rails back of the axle..

"The picture on the left shows 3 different sets of GM aftermarket body frames for the 1978 - 88 G body's. The frame on the left is for the El-Camino, the middle one is the car, and the one on the right is the station wagon. "

3setelcarsta.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor