Franco Harris (1950-2022), sad day for yinzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
For those who are tied to Pittsburgh or part of the Steeler Nation, Franco Harris passed this moring at the age of 72. This weekend the Steelers are to retire his #32 in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception. Sad day for Pittsburgh, the Steelers &members of Franco's Italian Army.
Pittsburgh Steelers GIF

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Awe man...... Great player. Great guy for the sport.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, pretty sad. Especially just a few days away. I'm not and never been a Steeler fan, but Franco did leave his mark on NFL/Steeler history with that grab.

What's sad too...I watched that game on TV. Live. And I couldn't believe that he actually caught it when I first saw it because it was off screen live. It was only on the replay that you could see it and about an inch or so from the ground. Damn I'm old.

AptOddGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Heard about it earlier today from an old guy we work with that went to high school with him and was on the track team with him. Met him at Eglin AFB in 2002 and snagged an autograph.

He was signing everything, got my cover too. Put that up when I got back to the dorm and have had it ever since.

20221221_200602.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Definitely sad news. He was a real class act and just an honest-to-God good person. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of the people who got to watch him play in his prime.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Best run organization is professional sports imo. I don't watch much anymore(pretty sure it's staged, kc vs sf super bowl sealed it for me), but I'm from indianapolis so I rooted for the colts. They never beat the steelers, ever. To have 3 coaches in 50 yrs is amazing. I remember vividly watching the NFL films "immaculate reception" as a kid. Seemed like a good dude, RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor