Free Pig roast & SWeet Corn boil car show Orfordville, Wisc

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys & Gals; Knute's Bar & Grill is having their annual charity Free Pig roast & Sweet Corn boil Automobile show on August 23rd and everyone is invited. Please be aware that many donate $5.00 or more, every time I go back for seconds or thirds I drop $5.00 the pot. And you have to pay for your own beer or soda-water. If memory serves last year the first 50 (100?) got a free Knute's T-shirt! How many car shows do you go to that are free & you get the shirt? I did 3 rounds, but round 3 was take out for the wife, great trade. I get to jaw bone with old & new friends, she just requires a pig sandwich. This year I promises to take the GuTOo as last year I took the Brown Brick. And the secondary roads to Orfordville can be a bunch of fun, Bob Jr.

PS: Orfordville, Wisc. 53576 August 23rd

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Re: Free Pig roast & SWeet Corn boil car show Orfordville, W

Greeting Guys; For all you Northern Illinois & Southern Wisconsin guys this is a nice drive & a great meal. Also any eastern Iowa guys it's less than 100 miles east on Hy-11. This get together goes into the evening with music with never ending SWeet corn & plenty of pig. Bob Jr.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin

Hi Guys; Yesterday I joined the LS1-2 GuTOo, G8, PPV, SS guys for the New Glarus beer run. Had a great time but only 5 cars showed, last year 20 plus, little disappointed. It's a haul for the Chicago - Illinois guys & the Minnesota guys were all at Car Craft Nat's. So any & all of you guys within 50 - 100 miles, that includes Northern Eastern Iowa, South Eastern Minnesota, Northern Illinois & of course Southern Wisconsin consider this a fun destination for the day. Some dead dinosaur juice, a little cash for beer & a donation, some cars you haven't seen before. All are welcome even Fords & Mopars (I never said that), they even let me park with my ol'e foreign Australian work car. Bob Jr.
PS: The time before last (beer run) with the LS guys a red PPV (2012 or 13) showed up & a Green SS (2014), one or both of these guys could show for this pig & corn car show, I hope both show.

85blacksalon

Apprentice
Oct 24, 2011

Thanks for the heads up on the 23rd, I live in Janesville so there is a good chance I'll be there.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin

Mr. 85blacksalon clad to have you, bring some friends. I hope John, Mr. Blue knight see this, you should call me. If your car is still in the non running category, ride out with me. Bob Jr.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

Do they still have the show in Blanchardville at the park by the river? There used to be a big one down by Brodhead or thereabouts, too.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin

Good Morning GP403 & all; Thanks for look'in at my post. Blanchardville is 50 -60 miles West of me & I got a say that I don't hear of a lot from that area. I was raised in Orfordville & the two school districts were in the same sports league. But being that I wasn't a ball (base, basket or foot) guy I only went over their a few times. In the soon to be 68 times I've been going around the sun, I haven't been their more than 20 times total. I started my first engine at 15 years of age, their was torque to be made who has time for silly games. Oh ball guys of course got time for games. As the certified (?) car nut that I am, still watching the mail for my certificate, I got a LOT of pleasure from blowing the doors off all the jocks cars that dad purchased for them. As a small guy that I am, cars are my equalizer, they may of been able to bat, throw & kick better than me but when it came to HP & torque I ruled the area. Sorry to rant, we opened up old memories. So where did you grow up GP403? And I really like your post picture & you can't be that old. I see that you are down South now days. Next year plan to visit us in late August & attend this food themed car show. If I still got the Bronze (Brown) brick you can drive, assuming that you fly in and have a rent a car! I should close, Thank for keeping this site up and running Bob Jr.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

Mineral Point here... not sure when I'll be back up that way. Who knows. :friday:

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin

Good morning Guys; Just a quick bump. If you live within driv'in distance the roast pig & SWEET corn are worth the drive, not even considering the car show! And the corn this year is super Juicy & SWeet. I've got a few positive replies from the CHC (Chicago Holden Connection- GTO-G8-PPV & SS Chevy) guys, so it looks like 3 or more of them will show. I'll be driv'in the GuTOo (old work car) this year as in the past I usually took the Bronze Brick (formally known as the Brown Brick). It was 35 years ago today that I took delivery of that unusual automobile. So I better jump over and post in my for sale thread. Thanks for look'in guys, Bob Jr.
PS; If any of you guys find yourself in this area, stop in for a beer (with or without roots), car guys are always welcome.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin

Last call for pig! Oh the SWEet corn is fantastic this summer. Nice roads in this area, take a drive, burn some dead dinosaur juice. Join us for some good food & cars, Bob Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor