Freebie Hood Scoop Mount: Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldstech

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2009
Griffin, Ga
Well, a couple of months ago I tried searching Hood Scoops. I didnt get much luck. A friend gave me this Hood Scoop, thought I would share.

Im 50/50 on it. The Pro's out weigh the Con's. I needed the hood clearance bad and it allowed me to run the Air cleaner I wanted. Con, I really dont think it flows, but doesnt looks horrible. Im gonna run it, and enjoy it either way.

The front isn't mount yet (just the rear), reason why you can see alittle gap. Have to get some inner support cutting to bolt the front down.

Look Bad A** inside the car.

Thoughts?

The car aint pretty, but perfect. I have no worries when I drive it. But mostly it will be paint white this summer.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Doesn't look bad I would just ditch the chrome stripe on the hood and header panel then paint the scoop body color.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
Hey Rok, how much clearance will you gain? That scoop was one of several I was looking at for my race car.

bishop gp

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2015
Evansville,IN
I think if you paint the car white you should leave the scoop black for contrast i think it looks good how its setup now and it would look better after youve painted just my opinion

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Thumbs up on the patina! The scoop looks like it would flow, why wouldn't it? Have you tried to face it the other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor