fried interior light

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
in my 1980 olds cutlass calais my headlight switch was fried caused by a short under the hood. i have been fixing things as i go. i was testing the wires going to the headlight switch and figured out all the wires except the little white wire when i touched it to ground it melted and all the preinstalled smoke came out and the binterior light refused to come on again and it melted the hole where the switch goes in. i got a new used intrument adaptor panal and finally found a new switch and got all my lights working except the interior light( the little white wire). is it difficult to replace the dash harness. i have a few other things that don't work like the fan,the radio,the horn, door unlock/lock,not sure of the cruise,but a lot of the wires are hinky and spliced. if i could get a wiring harness for the dash it would help. all the fuses are new as is most of the relays except the lock/unlock. the blower fan works but there is a blue wire behind the ac control that only has one end hooked up. and the radio is original and it is just dead. the t top wasn't sealed all the way and water got in and messed things up. i got the car running and drove it the 35 miles home and have been tinkering since. by the way be careful taking the top bolts off the dash,don't let your socket slip you will crack your windsheild damn!!!

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the white wire is ground

Clock-Cigar-CourtesyLights.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor