REGAL From Sunny Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Welcome from a hometowner in Palm Bay. We have probably crossed paths before...

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Welcome from Iowa
I will trade you a rusty 71 t bird and a penny I found for your turbo regal

• Optimistic
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Welcome! Nice Turbo T! (if the car gender identifies as one, we must respect it's decision)

Reactions: 1 users

LC2 Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 15, 2021
Right. I didn’t consider the car’s feelings. I’m sure he identifies as a Turbo T.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Where do you live in Melbourne? I am in BFE Palm Bay. Babcock south of Malabar down at Grant Road west side of Babcock...

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I have a 1987 Buick Regal with the turbo package and the T option. Not supposed to call it a Turbo T unless you have the WE4 option. Anyway, I'm in the Melbourne, FL. area.

My car has 37000 miles and is 99% stock.

Love those G Bodies!
FWIW if you want to feel better about it the 'Turbo T' vs not wasn't necessarily based on having a WE4. It's a niche info tidbit from dealer information bulletins.

In 1987, and 1987 only, you could order the "T" appearance package on a 307 equipped base regal. Got you the sport wheel, the aluminum rims, fast ratio box, eagle gts, and badges.

Then, for the first part of the build year you could order a base regal or regal ltd, with LC2 engine (requiring t pkg), black paint, and the WO2 blackout trim. For promotional purposes, buick then blocked the black paint/wo2 with an lc2 about halfway through the model year iirc late fall nov/Dec ish ( have the original bulletin somewhere in my piles of goodies) and required ordering a new we4 option to get that combo.

When announcing the new option to dealers was about the only time buick used the language "1987 regal we4 turbo t" but, all 1987 lc2 cars that weren't grand nationals were turbo "t" models all along.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

LC2 Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 15, 2021
FWIW if you want to feel better about it the 'Turbo T' vs not wasn't necessarily based on having a WE4. It's a niche info tidbit from dealer information bulletins.

In 1987, and 1987 only, you could order the "T" appearance package on a 307 equipped base regal. Got you the sport wheel, the aluminum rims, fast ratio box, eagle gts, and badges.

Then, for the first part of the build year you could order a base regal or regal ltd, with LC2 engine (requiring t pkg), black paint, and the WO2 blackout trim. For promotional purposes, buick then blocked the black paint/wo2 with an lc2 about halfway through the model year iirc late fall nov/Dec ish ( have the original bulletin somewhere in my piles of goodies) and required ordering a new we4 option to get that combo.

When announcing the new option to dealers was about the only time buick used the language "1987 regal we4 turbo t" but, all 1987 lc2 cars that weren't grand nationals were turbo "t" models all along.
Yup. Was a little confusing when they dropped the T Type in the 87 model year. Mine is black with the chrome trim. However I’m about 90% finished de-chroming and getting the WO2 look. Got all the easily removed trim powder coated black. Just have a few pieces left to go and the only chrome left will be the bumpers.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor