Front adj coil overs and ride height questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
My question has to do with how much the front suspension will drop when fully assembled with fenders, hood, bumper etc. All stock.
I had coil over spring perch up about 1.5 inches on the shock threads and when placing one fender in location not bolted in I am at 28.75 inches to ground. So I lowered the spring perch leaving only about a quarter inch of threads left on bottom of shock which should have lowered the height. But I'm still at 28.75?
My question is once the whole front end is installed including coolant, radiator, engine oil etc. Will that number drop? I'm guessing it would add about 200 lbs?
Otherwise I'm going to have way too much space between top of fender and tire. I'm talking 4x4 stance !
Sorry if this is a goofy question I'm just not sure how much it will settle
Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'd say it won't drop more than 1/2". The other thing to check to see what the ride height is if you have had the front wend up in the air is to roll the car back forward a few feet let the wheels spread out.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
why not get a couple of guys to stand on the frame horns to simulate the weight of the front clip and see where the ride height ends up

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I would check w/UMI & see what ride height they say should be expected. That should help get a better idea until you can get weight on it.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'd say it won't drop more than 1/2". The other thing to check to see what the ride height is if you have had the front wend up in the air is to roll the car back forward a few feet let the wheels spread out.

Wheel rate of a 450# spring will be about 225# give or take. Wouldn't that put the drop closer to an inch if 200# is added?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor